But what was a Camarasaurus?
It was a herbivore, a great vegetarian 18 meters long and 18 tons. It was a long sauropod like Diplodocus or Argentinosaurus. It was not as big as them, even for a sauropod, had a rather short neck and tail. However, the body was very strong, so experts estimate that could reach 18 tons.
It lived 150 million years ago in what is now North America.
Another curiosity is that when paleontologists mounted their bones, found a lump of hip bones. It has been speculated about this, and apparently could be that it was another brain, hip, not in the head ... I repeat: another brain in the hip. Finally, another brain or nerve plexus great about it .... still no full consensus.
The other curiosity we can emphasize is the domed shape of its skull. The experts believe that this will served as a sounding board to create a sound effect that could be used to communicate with other Camarasaurus. I imagine a Camarasaurus, warning of the attack by a group of Allosaurus, with a sort of nasal sound, similar to today's large ships when they enter port.
- The Camarasaurus could not be applied on its hind legs.
- Its front legs have claws capable of giving a good blow to their attackers.
- Analyzed his teeth, thought to eat vegetables harder than Diplodocus.
- It lived in the Jurassic.
- To facilitate digestion, it could swallow stones, as is currently done some birds and other herbivores.